The best skincare masks for your skin type
Are you a masker? What is the best skincare mask for your skin type?
We help you choose the best face mask for your skin type from the SKIN O2 Masks range. From reducing oils & fighting pimples, to brightening, plumping, hydrating there’s a mask in our Doctor formulated vegan skincare range for you!
What is the best face mask for oily skin?
If you suffer from oily skin it will have a shiny or greasy appearance, enlarged pores, and prone to congestion and breakouts.
The best face mask for oily skin helps to absorb excess oil & detoxify by removing impurities and clears pores to prevent them from becoming clogged.
This is why clay face masks are an excellent choice for oily skin.
Clay works to absorb excess oil from the skin’s surface to reduce shine and prevent blocked pores. It absorbs impurities, including acne-forming bacteria from deep within the pores too.
You can enjoy pampering yourself with 2 types of Clay Masks for the price of 1 with our Australian Pink Clay Mask + Fresh Eucalyptus Clay Mask duo! This mask's powerful detoxifying properties aid in regulating oil production while deeply cleansing to remove impurities. Detoxifies, Purifies & Brightens the Skin. This mask for oily skin will leave your skin fresh and smooth but not tight and dried out! This is also the best face mask for combination skin from the skin O2 range.
If you are concerned about oily skin our Doctors recommend it is always use good daily skincare for oily skin along with your mask Try Skin O2 best skincare bundle for oily skin to go with you mask The Essentials Trio Set — Skin O2.
The Key ingredients that help oily skin in our 2 in 1 Clay Mask are:
- Australia Pink Clay (Kaolin) - Balance oils, decongest, smooth & detoxify skin
- Eucalyptus Clay - Cooling & anti-inflammatory action on pimples, breakouts or oily/acne prone skin
- Trehalose - Smooths & balances skins oil production. A natural mushroom extract. An antioxidant with great anti aging defence to help balance skin
- Peppermint Oil - (Mentha arvensis) A natural antiseptic with strong clarifying properties to help purify the skin and help reduce excess oils
- Hyaluronic Acid - Aids in hydration, balancing & calming the skin
What is the best face mask for dry skin?
Dry skin needs extra TLC to restore moisture and nourish a fragile complexion. The best face mask for dry skin? A cream or Jelly formulation rich in skin-restoring nourishing and hydrating ingredients to saturate your skin and deeply moisturise it.
You can enjoy pampering yourself with 2 types of Hydration Masks for the price of 1 with our 2 in 1 Hydration Mask which has a Hyaluronic Acid Filler Mask + Rose Jelly & Vitamin B in one environmentally friendly glass tub.
This Mask is Ideal for dry skin types in need of nourishment to reduce fine lines, inflammation, uneven skin tone, and heal damaged skin. Just leave it on clean skin for 20 mins then wash off.
The Key ingredients in 2 in 1 Hydration Mask , which is the best mask for dry skin, are:
- Theralose: A naturally occurring glucose extracted from mushrooms. Antioxidant with fantastic anti-ageing defense to help balance and maintain the skin natural moisture barrier
- Jojoba: Similar to the skin's natural oils it is very nourishing & hydrating while helping to improve skin's elasticity. Containing Vitamin E it is also good for scars
- Allantoin: Contains Vitamin B (Panthenol): Extracted from the root of the comfrey plant, Non-irritating ingredient that soothes, renews and protects the skin
- Purslane (Portulaca oleracea plant extract): Brightens skin tone and helps reduce skin damage, pigmentation and premature skin ageing and dryness caused by UV, thereby delaying skin aging
- Raspberry Extract: Skin brightening, anti aging, antioxidant that contains Vitamin C & anthocyanins; natural nutrients that help to maintain youthful skin & a beautiful even complexion by helping to reduce skins age spots, dryness and loss of collagen
What is the best face mask for dehydrated skin?
Dehydrated skin benefits from a gel based face mask or Hydrating Sheet Face Mask. Gel Or Serum infused Sheet based face masks are great for deeply hydrating skin when they are formulated with ingredients that deliver deep hydration and moisture to the cells and help lock it in without feeling too heavy or clogging your pores in a hot or humid environment.
Skin O2’s best hydrating and moisturising face mask for dehydrationSHOP NOW
Pop on this sleeping beauty Mask as the essential last step of any anti-aging night routine. Enhanced with Plant-Based Hyaluronic Acid, Beta-Glucans, Ceramide 3 & Vitamins A, C & E for improved skin health and hydration. This mask is so easy to use, it is just left on overnight so your skin can soak up all the active ingredients while you sleep.
If you prefer a Hydrating & Anti Ageing Sheet Mask Option try Skin O2's Tri-Peptide Collagen Sheet Mask. This is the best selling Skincare sheet Mask for dehydrated skin!. This best selling sheet mask is a professional clinical strength derma filler mask that helps to reduce fine lines, plump, firm and renew the skin. Made from biodegradable wood pulp that retains 50 percent more moisture than synthetic material, which ensures your pores fully absorb its nourishing, hydrating ingredients. This Hydrating sheet mask also comes free in our Hyaluronic Acid Serum Kit. Try Hyaluronic Acid Serum & Tri-Peptide Collagen Brightening Mask.
The Key ingredients of the Tri-Peptide Collagen Sheet Mask are:
- Hydrating Plant Based Hyaluronic Acid & Collagen
- Advanced Anti ageing Tri-Peptides & Matrixyl peptide
- Plant Stem Cell Extracts, Aloe Vera, Licorice & Grapefruit
What is the best face mask for sensitive skin?
All of Skin O2 skincare face masks are safe and suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin. Our full range of vegan skincare masks & skincare range was originally created by our Doctors to help our patients skin concerns and to aid the rapid recovery from laser, cosmetic or skin cancer surgery. It is our expert passion to care for people with unique skin concerns, specially red, sensitive, rosacea or post surgical skin concerns.
If you are keen to try a mask and have sensitive skin , our Doctors recommend only using clean and professional cosmacuetical formulas like SKIN O2 which are made without irritating dyes, fragrances or toxic chemicals that can irritate the skin. Keep a simple routine designed for sensitivity & do not mix too many different skincare brands and product ingredients on your skin.
If you are looking for good daily essential skincare for sensitive skin to use with your mask, try Skin O2's The Essentials Trio Set.
When Choosing a Mask for sensitive skin, go for Hydrating, Gel, Jelly or Sheet masks with key skin calming ingredients to hydrate, soothe and renew the skin.
Key ingredients that make this mask ideal for sensitive, reactive skin include; Hyaluronic acid, Beta Glucan, Peptides, Plant stem cell extracts & Vitamin B. it is easy to use- just apply to clean skin before going to bed and wake up to beautiful radiant & hydrated skin!
Skin O2’s best sheet mask for sensitive skin is the Tri-Peptide Collagen Sheet Mask.
This hydrating sheet mask is cool on the skin. You can double down on this cooling relief by popping your sheet mask in the fridge before applying!
What is the best face mask for acne and breakout prone skin?
If you’re dealing with active, red, inflamed breakouts, you’ll find a detoxifying Clay mask is a great choice to reduce inflammation while targeting breakout forming bacteria and smoothing the skin.
It detoxifies and smooths away impurities while helping to calm the discomfort of red, irritated skin while reducing inflammation and breakouts with powerful natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. If you are using a clay mask weekly to get the best results make sure you stick to a healthy daily skincare routine suited for acne prone skin. Skin O2’s best skincare bundle for acne prone skins try our Clean Skin Pack.
Key ingredients of the 2 in 1 Clay Mask by Skin O2 are:
- Australian Eucalyptus & Pink Clay (Kaolin) -to decongest, smooth & detoxify skin. Eucalyptus - Has a cooling & anti-inflammatory action on pimples, breakouts or acne prone skin
- Peppermint Oil (Mentha arvensis) - A natural antiseptic with strong clarifying properties to help purify the skin and reduce excess oils
- Hyaluronic Acid - Aids in hydration, soothing & calming the skin
- Natural Vitamins, Minerals & Plant extracts - (Aloe, Jojoba for hydration & soothing the skin)
- Ginkgo Biloba Plant Extract - has a melanin inhibiting effect to lighten and brighten the skin. Great for helping acne scarring
- Trehalose - a naturally occurring glucose extracted from mushrooms. An antioxidant with great anti aging defence to help balance and maintain the skin's natural moisture barrier leaving the skin smoother
What is the best skincare product for pigmentation?
Want to brighten dull complexion and target brown spots and discoloration? Face masks containing advanced skin lightening peptides, Vitamin C and licorice are a great choice for safely brightening skin and lightening pigmentation for all skin types and skin tones!
Vitamin C & licorice are superior skin lighteners that help to fade dark spots by restricting production of melanin - a dark pigment in your skin. It’s the overproduction of melanin that causes pigmentation to form. Always remember to use a sunscreen daily if you have any pigmentation skin concerns to also treat & protect your skin from UV sun damage.
Skin O2’s best skincare product for pigmentationSHOP NOW
Skin O2’s best face mask to brighten skin is Peptide Brightening Sheet Mask. Suited to most skin types, this mask helps lighten pigmentation and evens out skin tone for a smoother, brighter complexion. The Peptide Brightening sheet mask comes as a free gift in our Pigmentation serum kit Ultra Glow Pigmentation Serum - Illuminating dark spot corrector.
Key ingredients: Peptides, Licorice Plant stem cell extracts ,Vitamin B, Plant based Hyaluronic acid, Beta Glucan.
What is the best face mask for mature skin?
Mature skin loves face masks rich in antioxidants and peptides. Peptides are the building blocks of new collagen and elastin fibres in the skin while antioxidants (like Vitamin A, C and E) work to repair damage and slow signs of ageing.
An all-in-one advanced anti ageing sheet mask to combat signs of ageing and fatigue by boosting skin elasticity, conditioning and defending against free radical damage. Suitable for all skin types! This best anti ageing sheet mask also comes free in our Plus C Serum kit. Try Plus C Serum Kit - 20% Vitamin C Serum for Skin.
Key ingredients of our Tri Peptide collagen sheet mask for anti ageing:
- Tri Peptides: Clinically proven. Promotes collagen and elastin production & 30% wrinkle depth reduction!
- Hyaluronic acid: Boosts moisture and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
View our full Masks range for all skin types and concerns. To help your skin concerns you can also Try our free Doctors Skin Quiz or Shop by Concern on our website.